General Directorate of Immigration, Ministry of Law and Human Rights has stipulated Circular Letter Number IMI-GR.01.01-2493 of 2020 (“CL 2493/2020”) on Expansion of Circular Letter Number IMI-GR.01.01-2325 of 2020 on Temporary Suspension for Foreigners To Enter Republic of Indonesia Territory. The mentioned circular letter has stipulated additional provisions on entry permit procedures for Limited Stay Permit (“Izin Tinggal Terbatas” or “ITAS”)/Permanent Stay Permit (“Izin Tinggal Tetap” or “ITAP”)/Re-Entry Permit (“Izin Masuk Kembali” or “IMK”)/Visa Approval/Visa which already expires. Please find below the resume of the mentioned circular letter:
- Granting an entry permit for:
- ITAS/ITAP holders that working, not working, and investor in order to family unification, which already expires and are abroad.
- ITAP holders that working, not working, and investor in order to family unification which its Re-Entry Permit already expires.
- The aforementioned ITAS/ITAP holders are only eligible enter Indonesia through:
- Soekarno Hatta, Jakarta International Airport
- Ngurah Rai, Denpasar International Airport
- Juanda, Surabaya International Airport
- Kualanamu, Medan International Airport
- Hang Nadim, Batam International Airport
- Batam Centre, Batam International Harbor
- Citra Tritunitas, Batam Harbor
- ITAS/ITAP holders are granted with Emergency Stay Permit-For Entry (“Izin Tinggal Keadaan Terpaksa Masuk” or “ITKT-Entry”). ITKT-Entry is not an automatic extension for ITAS/ITAP.
- ITKT-Entry is granted after fulfilling following criteria, as follows:
- Health Certificate or Fit to Fly Statement Letter that issued by authority in each countries.
- Willing to do self-quarantine at own expenses under supervision of Indonesia Health Authority
- Granting an entry permit for Visa that issued since 1 January 2020 after Covid-19 pandemic was declared ended by the Government. For Working Visa, ITAS is granted in certain immigration checkpoints.
Reactivation of Approval/Visa Telex
After Covid-19 Pandemic Was Declared Ended by the Authorized Institution
- Reactivation is automatically conducted towards all Approval/Visa Telex that issued since 1 January 2020, has been expired, and have not taken the Visa in Republic of Indonesia Representative.
- Approval/Visa Telex that has been reactivated is valid for 60 (sixty) days since pandemic was declared ended.
- Approval/Visa Telex holders must take the Visa in Republic of Indonesia Representative that had chosen at the time of application submission.
Reactivation of Visa
After Covid-19 Pandemic Was Declared Ended by Authorized Institution
- Reactivation is automatically conducted towards all Visas that issued since 1 January 2020 by Republic of Indonesia Representative through SIMKIM application, has been expired, and not yet used for travelling to Indonesia territory.
- Visa that has been reactivated is valid for 90 (ninety) days since pandemic was declared ended.
- Automatic reactivation cannot be conducted for Visa that issued by Republic of Indonesia Representative which have not implemented SIMKIM application.
For Foreign Worker and Investor Guarantor
- For Foreign Worker guarantor with Approval/Visa Telex or Visa that issued by the aforementioned procedures (reactivation), must report the foreign worker arrival to General Directorate of Manpower Placement and Employment Expansion, Minister of Manpower.
- For Investor guarantor with Approval/Visa Telex or Visa that issued by the aforementioned procedures (reactivation), must report the Investor arrival to Capital Investment Coordinating Board
Granting an Extension
- For ITAS/ITAP holders who currently in Indonesia are granted the extension after Covid-19 pandemic has ended.
- For extension of ITAS/ITAP working or investor, guarantor must re-arrange the notification requirements from the Minister of Manpower or recommendation from Capital Investment Coordination Board.
- Guarantor must manage the Re-Entry Permit (IMK) for ITAP holders in Immigration Office.